Sunday, March 20, 2011

Trying to be crafty!!

I did not get the full-blown crafty gene that my Mom has....but every once in a while, I surprise myself with what I can do!

Ethan will be starting pre-school in August (I know, I know. I don't want to talk about it!!!). Anyway, he will need a blanket for rest time. I decided I would make him a blanket now so that he could start using it for naps at daycare. Then when it comes time to transition to preschool, the blanket will be something familiar and hopefully make it easier on him.

A quick google search turned up 9 million ways to make a no-sew fleece blanket. I followed these directions and was pleasantly surprised how easy it really was!!! And what's really nice is - it's OK if your cutting isn't perfect!

Lay out the fleece on your floor


Cut the corners


I used a scrap off the fleece to "measure" my cuts for my knot strips


Make these cuts on all 4 sides


Tie every other fringe into a double knot. Then flip it over and tie the remaining strips into a double knot.


TaaDaa!! Total cost for NCAA fleece and red fleece = $22!! It could be done for much less $$ if you don't want licensed material.


Ethan's is KU on one side and red on the other


I think he approves!!


No comments: