Sunday, January 2, 2011

11 in '11

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!






Wow - it's been a month since I last updated. Sorry :( December gets so crazy busy with the holidays and travel (oh do I have stories to tell!). Add to that, I started back to work just 2 weeks before Christmas - yeah, it's a miracle we all survived December. But we did and we had a wonderful Christmas. I promise to write up a re-cap with pictures very soon.

Right now - I want to write out this list.

11 in '11.

These are 11 things I want to try to accompish during 2011. I figure if I put it here, it will hold me a little more accountable. So here goes!

1. I want to lose 40 lbs this year - and I'm hoping to be halfway there by our 5th wedding anniversary. I think 40 is a very reasonable goal. it is roughly 3.5 lbs a month. I can do it!!

2. I would like to restore some order/organization to our closets --- mine/Charlie's, Ethan's & Hannah's, linen closet, cleaning closet, all of them!

3. Reduce, reduce, reduce!! We have too much stuff. While I'm organizing (see #2) I would like to get rid of stuff we dont need or use. Craigslist and E-bay -- here I come!!

4. Recycle more. Our city provides a large recycle bin and picks up every other Friday. I would like to see us fill it up every other week.

5. Another personal goal - I would like to be able to pump for Hannah until at least 9 months. It's not easy to exclusively pump for your infant while also taking care of your toddler.....er, I guess he's almost a preschooler now - ACK! But I've made it 3.5 months so far. I'm (sortof) in a routine at home and work, and I would really like to do this as long as possible!

6. Spend more quality time with my kids. Sometimes I feel like I rush through things because I feel like I have too much to do. I need to slow down and enjoy the small things in my life - because let's face it, they wont be small for long! By this time next year, Ethan will be 3.5 years old and in preschool. Hannah will be walking and talking and not taking bottles. So when I have to yawn my way through the day because one of them had me up too early - I hope I can just pour myself another cup of coffee and take it in stride.

7. Spend more quality time with my husband. I cannot believe we will celebrate our 5th anniversary this year. I mean, we've been together much longer than that - but we've been married almost 5 years. Sometimes it seems like our wedding was a million years ago and sometimes it seems like it was just a few weeks ago. That's crazy. And so this year, on our 5th anniversary year, I would like to turn off my laptop more frequently and just curl up on the couch with my best friend after our kids have gone to bed.

8. I'm going to read 12 books this year! I wanted to say that I would read 20, but I thought I would set my goal a little more reasonable for this year. I got a Kindle for my birthday so reading is a little easier since I dont have to tote around a "real" book....and I dont have to worry about the library people coming after me when I keep it too long.

9. I will keep up better with the blog. I dont see many comments, but I know my family really enjoys reading the blog and keeping up with us and the kids. So, I'm going to try really hard to keep it up a little better - my goal is once a week! Let's see how I do! :) More pictures and videos of the kids - coming soon to a blog near you! Haha

10. I would like to accomplish two house projects. We eventually want to be able to sell this house and move to something just slightly bigger. In order to do that, we have some projects that need to get done. I would like to accomplish 2 things on that list during 2011.

11. I would like to find a new church community where I am comfortable. I have missed church as an active part of my life. I hope I can make an honest effort to find a new place by the time Advent comes around again -- maybe even by Easter! :)


So, there you have it! My 11 goals for 2011. Wish me luck!

Happy New Year to you and yours - and good luck with any goals you might set for yourself and your family!

2 comments:

Delores said...

i love the blogs, easier for me that facebook, please keep them up !!! love you guys MOM

The Blatchford Family said...

Great list! Just wanted to let you know that I am reading even if I don't always comment. Love hearing your updates!