Sunday, August 26, 2007

Seeing Red Everywhere!!!

Well, when I last posted ~ I expected to be sharing LOTS of info over the next few weeks. As most of you know, it didn't work out that way. Just one short week after my July 4th post ~ our life went to hell in rapid fashion. ;o( And though I'm still not really ready to talk about it - we do want to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and support. It did, and still does, mean the world.

And now....on to a new post!

On Saturday August 11th, we bought a new car!!!! My poor little old Saturn was dying in a quick way and we knew we had to get rid of it before it started costing us more than it was even worth!! It was a great car! 8 years and 108,000 miles. We picked up our 2007 Honda CR-V on Tuesday, August 14th and I could not be more in love with a car!!!! It is absolutely perfect for me and I can't wait to drive it forever!! I will no longer cry at the thought of driving to school in a few inches of snow. We can even purchase something larger than a 24 pack of soda at the store!! Here are a few quick pictures.........








In another form of red...........I went to my very first Chiefs game two weeks ago! It was a pre-season game vs. the Miami Dolphins and it was a blast!! Charlie's friend and his wife had 2 extra tickets and a parking pass (from her job!!) so we got to go for FREE!!!! Just the cost of food and drinks! I had never seen a game Arrowhead before and it was a great time! KC lost, but it was still a lot of fun. Here are some more pictures............




Jack Ingram sang the National Anthem!!




Let the game begin!!




I like to call this one.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!!








So that's it for now! Bless you if you made it this far and I'm going to work very hard to keep up with the blog! I'm setting a "once a week" goal for myself!!

Love to all,
Charlie and Beth

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love your new car!! I miss you guys lots :o( Big Hugs to ya both!!

Audrey said...

I love your new car, it looks so roomy!

Delores said...

chiefs game ...cool. love ya.